"She grants eternal life to believers, but no one knows the price to be paid for this"
Background[edit | edit source]
It is said that Yidhra has existed on earth before the emergence of the very first microorganism. As billions of years passed, Yidhra acquired a unique ability from the changes that took place around her, devouring creatures to acquire their characteristics. Yidhra can, therefore, divide herself into different aspects, though each part shares her consciousness. Merging themselves with Yidhra gifts her followers eternal life. She often hides her true form through powerful images, with only summoned followers being able to see it.
External Traits[edit | edit source]
Yidhra conceals herself in dreams. Her Movement Speed is extremely fast, but she isn't able to interact directly. Survivors will not see her true face, and she comes with a Follower that cannot be removed. This Follower follows Yidhra's footsteps and is never far from her
Yidhra creates a Follower near a chosen Survivor. The summoned Follower's existence is dependent on its host and is unable to leave its host. Attacking Yidhra will cause the Follower to disappear and can be removed by Survivors with the Withc Mark. Followers are affected by Talent and have their own cooldown period for secondary skills. Followers' movements and directions are controlled by Yidhra and only when Yidhra possesses will it show a warning radius
Yidhra leaves a Witch Mark when she creates a Follower. Survivors can pick up the Witch Mark and use it to remove Followers from leeching on to teammates.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
These are four Abilities that are unique to The Dream Witch:
Hold the button to select a Survivor without a leeching Follower, and spawn a Witch Mark and a Follower. The skill cooldown will be decreased when the Follower hits a Survivor
Tap on the wheel to control Followers. There is a short cooldown between each control. Followers cannot change target while casting a skill or attacking
Significantly decreases the cooldown of Leech skills
Increases control of Followers to significantly increase the Followers' movement radius
Deduction Target[edit | edit source]
All completed Objectives reward the player with +335 Logic points for the Logic Path
Appearance Decoration[edit | edit source]
|Original||Already Equipped||The original costume. Everything looks so natural.||858 Echoes or 4508 Clues|
|Worn Clothes||Complete Character Deduction quest 9 Transaction to get.||All the clothes are super tattered. Was it only a game they have been through?||N/A|
|The Painted Girls||Junji Ito Collection||She is beautiful and charming, but after she was enchanted, she sees another scene.|
|Vajytte||S4 Essence||Words are powerful beyond your imagination. Listen to my whispers and follow me to your destiny.||N/A|
|Incarnation||N/A||You can't keep running, but you can't escape. I have a real god behind me.||318 Echoes or 1188 Fragments|
|Siren||Memory Sphere Season 7||Come on, now. Follow the master's song and sail into your dreams.||N/A|
|Bizarro Detective||Already Obtained||Hunter's accessories, Bizarro Detective||N/A|
|Villain Charm||N/A||Hunter's accessories, Villain Charm||258 Echoes or 968 Fragments|
|Lost Girl||N/A||Hunter's accessories, Lost Girl||258 Echoes or 968 Fragments|
|Shadow Doll||Memory Sphere Season 6||The Doll that was created by the Dream Witch based on her own dreams gives people chills/||258 Echoes or 968 Fragments|
|Graffiti||Muse Mark||Already Equipped||The Graffiti content for all survivors and hunters, Muse Mark|
|Graffiti||Pickaxe -Cartoon||Dream Witch's Exclusive Graffiti, Pickaxe Cartoon|
|Emote||Threaten||Memory Sphere Season 6||Threaten Motion, exclusive to Dream Witch|
|Emote||Rolls 4-Sided Dice||4-sided Dice Enthusiast
|Rolls 4-sided Dice Motion, exclusive to Dream Witch|
|Default||Already Equipped||Hunter's default motion in matching room|
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Yidhra is based on the Outer God of same name of H.P. Lovecraft.
- Yidhra also has resemblance to Indonesia’s Mythology “Nyi Blorong” who also depicted as a beautiful woman with a snake tail as leg.
- The only thing Yidhra can do without the aid of her followers is vaulting windows. One should note that blocking windows with the main body and confined space is possible.
- The main body can't get hit by the train in Eversleeping Town,or by anything in general.
- Dream Witch background and deduction target story imply that the followers are men and women that somehow got capturated by Yidhra and after becoming her servants, they sufer methamophosis to look very similar to Dream Witch, but, they still retain their human traits, like their legs.
- Ydhira's Toy animation show's that the followers do not like her, since one follower try to hit her with the pickaxe, only to Yidhra throw away the pickaxe and making the follower disappear.
- Following that logic, Yidhra seem's to enjoy torturing her followers, since she laugh's when a follower is hit with a pallet. And she also do not hesitate to "discipline" rebel followers.
- While controling followers, Yidhra is actually possesing them, this is explained on her lore and even show on her concept art.
- While she was on development, the fact that she was going to get released with the map Asylum, made a lot of players believe that she was the Gardener dead mother which was trying to get revenge on the Doctor for acidentally killing her. However, it was disproven by the reveal of Dream Witch's name (Yidhra) and her lore.
- It' implied that Yidhra can affect the real world, her ability to bodyblock windows, repair broken chairs by herself and being able to easily hold the pickaxe of her servants in her Toy animation also imply it.
- It's possible that Yidhra can pass solid objects by her will, her lack of a stun animation when hit by a pallet and the train jn EverSleeping Town may confirm it, but, it can be also be only balancement choices.
- Yidhra seem's to see the matches was only a game, she's always smiling the whole game, but, being stunned sometimes can make her enfiurated.
- Yidhra is at the moment the tallest hunter in the game, being higher than the Ripper.
- The servants have similarities to Martha from the horror game Outlast 2; Both have religious themes, carry a pickaxe, and use black clothing. Also, concept arts showed the servants with veil's just like Martha.
- A concept art of Dream Witch look's similar to Medusa and Two-headed snake, both hunters that at the moment don't are confirmed to be added to the game.
- Yidhra can be considered a spiritual sucessor of Medusa and Two-headed snake, she was a blindfold like medusa and her hair is similar to snakes, her body is very similar to Two-headed snake.
- It's implied by Yidhra's deduction target that she may have direcyly or indirectly caused the Lizard's transformartion.
- Yidhra and Hastur by far are the most powerful entities in Identity V lore.
- Odly, both hunters motives to be in the game are unknowm.
- Yidhra have a very arrogant, manipulative, sadistic personality. It's futher show by many of her costumes descriptions and lore.
- Yidhra acessory: Shadow doll, is a reference to the famous creppypasta Slender man.
- Yidhra is probably the most powerful supernatural hunter in identity V lore, the other's hunters in general, only had their abilities by events that led to them becoming hunters. And Yidhra exist's since the beginning of existence.
- Yidhra is a witch, futhermore she is a specialist in illusions, black magic, curses and etc. This is even showed by her just deserts animation.
- Dream Witch and her servants do not make any sounds on the waiting room, only special sounds play.
- Yidhra final concept art showed her with 3 images, the servant, her base appearance and one apperance with more light hair, no blindfold, revealing black eyes with purple pupils and ear to ear wide smile sharp teeth, however, that form was never implimented. It's theorysed that in that form she could directly damage the survivors.
- Despite smiling constantly, it's show that Yidhra can open her mouth to reveal sharp teeth and a ear to ear smile, it may be allusion to her snake like nature and devouring life to gain caractheristic's.
- Beneath Yidhra's blindfold she has pure purple eyes, her avatar also show's that her eyes glown very bright.
- Her acessory shadow doll description claim that even Yidhra can sleep and have dreams. However is unknowm if she need's to sleep or if she does it by mere pleasure.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- You should leech a follower onto a survivor when your spawn follower is closer to the main body, that way if you hit the survivor you can still pursue them.
- Followers have their own separated cool down,you can abuse it with certain skills like abnormal, patroller and etc.
- Equipping patroller is a valid choice since you are hindering the amount of space between you and the survivor
- If you have the talent Trump Card it's recommend to switch to teleport when all ciphers are complete, this will make you save time and maybe win the game.
- When you leech onto a survivor you will be able to see them in red through walls. Strike them with the spawn follower or another leeched follower that is leached into someone else so the if you lose track of them and they haven't taken off the witch mark you and quickly figure out where they are.
- When the spawn follower is coming back to you and the main body is right next to someone you can try to get a Terror shock since the followers(When not being controlled) don't have a fear radius.
- If the spawn follower is far away from the main body that its right next to the edge go out of range and let the spawn follower come to you. You won't waste any time!
- Teleport is only viable at the end of the game,using it at early game is not advised, since Dream Witch basic follower will come back to her if she teleports far away from the main body, and Dream witch have to wait for her follower if she teleports, plus wasting time and alerting the survivor about her presence, thus making them have time to escape.
- Dream Witch can easily put 2 or more survivors in chair if they are in basement, it's generally better to put the spawn follower in the upper flor, that way Dream Witch will not need to move the follower out of the basement.
- Always leech a survivor on a chair, it will increase your impact and in certain cases, you can camp the chair while finding other survivors far away.
- Hiding the Witch mark is *NOT* recommended, since survivors can see them highlited in white anyway.
- Do not leech a survivor that you Will not purse in the beginning of the game, they can easily cleanse it.
- Mind's Eye can be easily terror shocked if alone on a chiper, make your spawn follower go after her while not possessing, this will make the Mind's Eye don't see the follower because of her low field view and lack of heartbeat and red stain of the follower.
- Dream Witch and survivors cannot jump windows the same time, use this to bodyblock a survivor and having a free hit.
- Always keep attention at the early game for the follower, if you see her, stop decoding immediately. This will make her not have a Terror Shock.
- Try to not go in a straight line since the Dream Witch can just set the follower to go forward.
- Don't try to stun the followers if there are two around you since the Dream Witch can switch right before getting stunned.
- Only cleanse if Dream witch is pursuing another survivor, also, always cleanse with another survivor, it will make the cleansing time drastically shorter than cleansing by yourself.
- The best way to counter Dream witch is by cleansing every time she's not pursuing you. It will negate her multi-tasking, making her way less dangerous to the survivors.
- One should note that followers that Dream Witch is not possesing can't attack you, it's still a better idea to cleanse instead of completing chipers, since the inactive follower can easily terror shock a survivor if Dream Witch possess her.
- Do not go near a area with more than one follower, especially if they are close. This will make you easily to get downed by the Dream Witch.
- Focus completing chipers, Dream witch can easily find survivors without they knowing. So hiding is not a good idea.
- If there js a Mind's Eye on the match, decode toguether or make sure that she can't be found by the Dream Witch, since her low field view can easily let her be terror shocked by followers.
- Hiding in lockers is useless since when you are leeched you appear with a red aura for the Dream Witch.
- Do not try to hide with Explorer if leeched, the same apply to survivors that are using the book.
- The leeched follower can't see the first officer when he is using his illusion.
References[edit | edit source]