"She grants eternal life to believers, but no one knows the price to be paid for this"
Background[edit | edit source]
It is said that Yidhra has existed on earth before the emergence of the very first microorganism. As billions of years passed, Yidhra acquired a unique ability from the changes that took place around her, devouring creatures to acquire their characteristics. Yidhra can, therefore, divide herself into different aspects, though each part shares her consciousness. Merging themselves with Yidhra gifts her followers eternal life. She often hides her true form through powerful images, with only summoned followers being able to see it.
External Traits[edit | edit source]
Yidhra conceals herself in dreams. Her Movement Speed is extremely fast, but she isn't able to interact directly. Survivors will not see her true face, and she comes with a Follower that cannot be removed. This Follower follows Yidhra's footsteps and is never far from her
Yidhra creates a Follower near a chosen Survivor. The summoned Follower's existence is dependent on its host and is unable to leave its host. Attacking Yidhra will cause the Follower to disappear and can be removed by Survivors with the Withc Mark. Followers are affected by Talent and have their own cooldown period for secondary skills. Followers' movements and directions are controlled by Yidhra and only when Yidhra possesses will it show a warning radius
Yidhra leaves a Witch Mark when she creates a Follower. Survivors can pick up the Witch Mark and use it to remove Followers from leeching on to teammates.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
These are four Abilities that are unique to The Dream Witch:
Hold the button to select a Survivor without a leeching Follower, and spawn a Witch Mark and a Follower. The skill cooldown will be decreased when the Follower hits a Survivor
Tap on the wheel to control Followers. There is a short cooldown between each control. Followers cannot change target while casting a skill or attacking
Significantly decreases the cooldown of Leech skills
Increases control of Followers to significantly increase the Followers' movement radius
Deduction Target[edit | edit source]
All completed Objectives reward the player with +335 Logic points for the Logic Path
Appearance Decoration[edit | edit source]
|Original||Already Equipped||The original costume. Everything looks so natural.||858 Echoes or 4508 Clues|
|Worn Clothes||Complete Character Deduction quest 9 Transaction to get.||All the clothes are super tattered. Was it only a game they have been through?||N/A|
|Vajytte||S4 Essence||Words are powerful beyond your imagination. Listen to my whispers and follow me to your destiny.||N/A|
|Kawakami Tomie||Junji Ito Collection||A pretty, arrogant girl with infinite multiplication ability and demonic powers.|
|The Painted Girls||Junji Ito Collection||She is beautiful and charming, but after she was enchanted, she sees another scene.|
|Incarnation||N/A||You can't keep running, but you can't escape. I have a real god behind me.||318 Echoes or 1188 Fragments|
|Siren||Memory Sphere Season 7||Come on, now. Follow the master's song and sail into your dreams.||N/A|
|Moon Servant||Lunar Festival 2019||The once highly looked upon Moon Servant has been cast out of heaven because she lost the rabbit. After thousands of years of resentment, she's gradually losing her noble heart.||N/A|
|Revolutionist||Memory Sphere 9||Hiding in the depths of the church, does the mysterious Revolutionist represent the true source of the Bloodline? She abandoned the Bloodline and became an outcast, trying to spread the power of the Bloodline to other living things.||N/A|
|Bizarro Detective||Already Obtained||Hunter's accessories, Bizarro Detective||N/A|
|Villain Charm||N/A||Hunter's accessories, Villain Charm||258 Echoes or 968 Fragments|
|Lost Girl||N/A||Hunter's accessories, Lost Girl||258 Echoes or 968 Fragments|
|Shadow Doll||Memory Sphere Season 6||The Doll that was created by the Dream Witch based on her own dreams gives people chills/||258 Echoes or 968 Fragments|
|Graffiti||Muse Mark||Already Equipped||The Graffiti content for all survivors and hunters, Muse Mark|
|Graffiti||Pickaxe -Cartoon||Dream Witch's Exclusive Graffiti, Pickaxe Cartoon|
|Emote||Threaten||Memory Sphere Season 6||Threaten Motion, exclusive to Dream Witch|
|Emote||Rolls 4-Sided Dice||4-sided Dice Enthusiast
|Rolls 4-sided Dice Motion, exclusive to Dream Witch|
|Default||Already Equipped||Hunter's default motion in matching room|
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Yidhra is based on the Outer God of same name of H.P. Lovecraft. She also resembles a character from Indonesia Mythology, “Nyi Blorong”, who also depicted as a beautiful woman with a snake tail as leg.
- The only thing Yidhra can do without the aid of her followers is vaulting windows. One should note that blocking windows with the main body and confined space is possible.
- The main body can't get hit by the train in Eversleeping Town, or by anything in general.
- Dream Witch background and deduction target story imply that the followers are men and women that somehow got captured by Yidhra and after becoming her servants, they suffer metamorphosis to look very similar to Dream Witch, but still retain human traits like their legs.
- Yidhra's Toy standby animation shows that the followers do not like her. One follower tries to attack her with the pickaxe, only for Yidhra to throw away the pickaxe and make the follower disappear. Yidhra seems to enjoy torturing her followers. She laughs when a follower is hit with a pallet and she also do not hesitate to "discipline" rebel followers.
- While controlling followers, Yidhra is actually possessing them, this is explained on her lore and even show on her concept art.
- While she was on development, the fact that she was going to get released with the map Asylum, made a lot of players believe that she was the Gardener dead mother which was trying to get revenge on the Doctor for accidentally killing her. However, it was disproven by the reveal of Dream Witch's name (Yidhra) and her lore.
- Yidhra seems to see the matches was only a game, she's always smiling the whole game, but, being stunned sometimes can make her infuriated.
- The servants have similarities to Martha from the horror game Outlast 2; Both have religious themes, carry a pickaxe, and use black clothing. Also, concept arts showed the servants with veil's just like Martha.
- A concept art of Dream Witch looks similar to Medusa and Two-headed snake, both hunters that, at the moment, aren't confirmed to be added to the game.
- Yidhra can be considered a spiritual successor of Medusa and Two-headed snake, she was a blindfold like medusa and her hair is similar to snakes, her body is very similar to Two-headed snake.
- It's implied by Yidhra's deduction target that she may have directly or indirectly caused the Lizard's transformation.
- Yidhra and Hastur are by far are the most powerful entities in Identity V lore.
- Oddly, both hunters' motives to be in the game are unknown.
- Yidhra have a very arrogant, manipulative, sadistic personality. It's futher showm by many of her costumes descriptions and lore.
- Yidhra accessory: Shadow doll, is a reference to the famous Creepypasta, Slender Man.
- Yidhra is probably the most powerful supernatural hunter in Identity V Lore, the other's hunters in general, only had their abilities by events that led to them becoming hunters. And Yidhra's exists since the beginning of existence.
- Yidhra is a witch who specialises in illusions, black magic, curses and etc. This is even showed by her Just Deserts animation.
- Dream Witch and her servants do not make any sounds on the waiting room, only special sounds play.
- Yidhra final concept art showed her with 3 images, the servant, her base appearance and one appearance with more light hair, no blindfold, revealing black eyes with purple pupils and ear to ear wide smile sharp teeth, however, that form was never implemented. It's theorised that in that form she could directly damage the survivors.
- Despite smiling constantly, it is shown that Yidhra can open her mouth to reveal sharp teeth and an ear to ear smile, it may be allusion to her snake like nature and devouring life to gain characteristics.
- Beneath Yidhra's blindfold she has pure purple eyes, her avatar also shows that her eyes glow very bright.
- Her accessory "Shadow Doll"s description claims that even Yidhra can sleep and have dreams. However, is unknown if she needs to sleep or if she does it by mere pleasure.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- You should leech a follower onto a survivor when your spawn follower is closer to the main body, that way if you hit the survivor you can still pursue them.
- Followers have their own separated cool down, you can abuse it with certain skills like abnormal, patroller and etc.
- Equipping patroller is a valid choice since you are hindering the amount of space between you and the survivor
- If you have the talent Trump Card it's recommend to switch to teleport when all ciphers are complete.
- When you leech onto a survivor you will be able to see them in red through walls. Strike them with the spawn follower or another leeched follower that is leeched into someone else. If you lose track of them and they haven't taken off the witch mark, you can follow the red outline.
- When the spawn follower is coming back to you and the main body is right next to someone you can try to get a Terror shock since the followers (when not being controlled) don't have a fear radius.
- If the spawn follower is far away from the main body that its right next to the edge go out of range and let the spawn follower come to you. You won't waste any time!
- Teleport is only viable at the end of the game, using it at early game is not advised, since Dream Witch basic follower will come back to her if she teleports far away from the main body, and Dream witch have to wait for her follower if she teleports, plus wasting time and alerting the survivor about her presence, thus making them have time to escape.
- Dream Witch can easily put 2 or more survivors in chair if they are in basement, it's generally better to put the spawn follower in the upper floor, that way Dream Witch will not need to move the follower out of the basement.
- Always leech a survivor on a chair, it will increase your impact and in certain cases, you can camp the chair while finding other survivors far away.
- Hiding the Witch mark is *NOT* recommended, since survivors can see them highlighted in white anyways.
- But try to put them in place where survivors will have to go out of there way to get them or just farther away, just prevent them from picking it up right away
- Do not leech a survivor that you Will not purse in the beginning of the game, they can easily cleanse it.
- Mind's Eye can be easily terror shocked if alone on a cipher, make your spawn follower go after her while not possessing, this will make the Mind's Eye don't see the follower because of her low field view and lack of heartbeat and red stain of the follower.
- Dream Witch and survivors cannot jump windows the same time, use this to bodyblock a survivor and having a free hit. Try to predict where survivors will think your coming from. There are a ton of places where survivors only look at on each map. Come behind them when not possed and terror shock them on a cipher.
- Always stay attentive at the early game for the follower, if you see her, stop decoding immediately to prevent being Terror Shocked.
- Try to not go in a straight line since the Dream Witch can just set the follower to go forward.
- Don't try to stun the followers if there are two around you since the Dream Witch can switch right before getting stunned.
- Only remove the mark if Dream witch is pursuing another survivor, also, try to let another survivor remove the mark, it will make the cleansing time drastically shorter than removing it by yourself.
- The best way to counter Dream Witch is by removing her mark when she's not pursuing you. It will negate her multi-tasking, making her way less dangerous to the survivors.
- One should note that followers that Dream Witch is not possessing can't attack you. However, it's still a better idea to remove the mark before completing ciphers, since the inactive follower can easily terror shock a survivor if the Dream Witch possess her.
- Do not go near an area with more than one follower, especially if they are close. This will make you easily to get downed by the Dream Witch.
- Focus completing ciphers, Dream witch can easily find survivors without they knowing. So hiding is not a good idea.
- Hiding in lockers is useless since when you are leeched you appear with a red aura for the Dream Witch.
- Do not try to hide with Explorer if leeched, the same apply to survivors that are using the book.
- The leeched follower can't see the first officer when he is using his illusion.
- The leeches follower can see magic Timon when he uses his can. But still be careful.
- Her hit box it weird as heck (not as bad as Geisha’s) circling her when she’s trying to hit *sometimes* works.
References[edit | edit source]