"The White and Black Guards had their souls imbued into an umbrella where they are bound together, forever."
|Alias:||Black and White|
Overview[edit | edit source]
Wu Chang is a hunter who owns two Souls, the White Guard and the Black Guard. They conceal in a black umbrella and can transform their soul erratically.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
“Walking slowly in silence, aloof, sad and melancholy. Encountered a person holding an umbrella. But it was not you. Just like waking up from a dream there is only the lane and me in the rain.” —Wu Chang
Background[edit | edit source]
Xie Bi'an and Fan Wujiu (the White and Black Guards) have always been like brothers. As they traveled to Nantai Bridge one day, they noticed it was going to rain. Xie told Fan to wait under the bridge while he returned home to get an umbrella. After Xie left, the rain began to pour and the river rose, but Fan, reluctant to break his promise, stayed under the bridge. Shortly after, Xie returned with the umbrella only to find that the bridge was now submerged and Fan nowhere to be seen... He had drowned.
Xie was so grieved that he had no choice but to live without Fan. No matter whether it was rain or shine, he carried the black umbrella during the day and wore white mourning clothes. He eventually committed suicide by hanging himself under the Nantai Bridge and left the black umbrella where Fan had stayed.
The umbrella was found by a merchant and placed as a hallway centerpiece in his home. Since then, his family has had strange things happen to them. The black umbrella in the room was often unsupervised. In the middle of the night, the sounds of men sighing fill the hall. Everyone said that White Guard's soul was in the umbrella. Merchants invited a Taoist to get rid of the umbrella to lift the spell on the town. Since then, the house has been calm and quiet. Soon after, the merchants went out, but on the way, they found that the country was in chaos, and that the umbrella was missing.
External Traits[edit | edit source]
The White and Black Guards had their souls imbued into an umbrella and their souls can be switched by using Summon. The White Guard excels at patrol and pursuit and moves swiftly but has slow stun recovery and attack speed; the Black Guard excels at melee combat and has fast stun recovery and attack speed, but moves slowly.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Wu Chang sacrifices proficiency in either melee or movement to increase the proficiency in one of the two. Their three unique Abilities are:
|Infinite Nirvana||Throws the Umbrella at the target location, where it will stay for 5 seconds. Outlines of Survivors in the area covered by the Umbrella will be shown, with their movement speed and vaulting speed slightly decreased, and other interaction speeds significantly decreased. Outlines of these Survivors will still be shown for 5 seconds after they move outside the area. For the duration where the Umbrella is active, Wu Chang can choose to teleport to where the Umbrella is and switch to Dual Soul mode, or retrieve the Umbrella to recover skill countdown. Without the Umbrella, Wu Chang's movement speed and window vaulting speed is increased. The Umbrella will return to Wu Chang when the 5 seconds are up.|
Use the skill to switch into Dual Soul mode, or hold down the skill button to charge up and toss the soul umbrella forward and then switch to Dual Soul mode and teleport to where the umbrella lands. The longer you charge the skill the further you can toss the umbrella.
|Siphon Soul & Wavering Soul||The White Guard's body moves with ease, and when it fully enters the spiritual realm it won't be able to interact with anything for 5 seconds. However, its movement speed is greatly increased and it will siphon the souls of nearby Survivors. If it manages to fully siphon a Survivor's soul, their soul will be lost.
Bedazzled and unable to interact with the environment.
When the Black Guard rings thr bell and casts Wavering Soul, all Survivors that hear the ringing have to steel their resolve and calibrate with precision. Should they fail the calibration, the will become horrified for 60 seconds; if they fail another calibration during that time, their soul will waver.
Movement directions will be reversed.
|Summon - Enhanced||
Reduces the time it takes to switch souls in Dual Soul mode and you will immediately perform a powerful Siphon Soul or Wavering Soul upon switching.
Deduction Target[edit | edit source]
All completed Objectives reward the player with +335 Logic points for the Logic Path
Appearance Decoration[edit | edit source]
|Original||Already Equipped||The original costume. Everything looks so natural.||N/A|
|Worn Clothes||N/A||All the clothes are super tattered. Was it only a game they have been through?||N/A|
|Divine||S2 Essence 2||Pray in times of need and you might receive an answer from the void that will bring you happiness.||N/A|
|Far East Wind||Late Spring||Today is the day I have to decide, when shall I return peacefully.||2888 Echoes or 12888 Fragments|
|The Intersection Bishounen||Junji Ito Collection||Have you ever encountered them at a foggy crossroads?||N/A|
|Requiem||Memory Sphere Season 8||He had already used that silver scythe to sever all connections with the past.||N/A|
|Flying Guillotine||Memory Sphere Season 10||As destiny pushes him off a cliff, the cries of the gentle, even at the top of their lungs, won't turn back time. As the dust settled... perhaps... remaining calm is the ultimate answer.||N/A|
|Broken Blossoms||Deduction Star||Waiting still as the moon's up high, the eastern wind blows from the curtain inside.||1388 Echoes or 4888 Fragments|
|Incomplete||N/A||Nothing is further than Yin and Yang. A thought can decide one's life and death.||318 Echoes or 1188 Fragments|
|Waterless Stream||Memory Sphere 3||This side is decayed while that side is vigorous; there no heroes and no thoughts.||N/A|
|Spiked Guards||Memory Sphere 5||Red or blue? Both choices are irrelevant.||N/A|
|Sunset||Logic Path reached 1258 (S3)||N/A|
|Twin Lakes||Logic Path reached 1258 (S9)||By the emerald waters and under the ivory clouds I waited, but she never appeared.||N/A|
|Tide Bringer||Memory Sphere Season 5||Gradual accumulation leads to big changes. Perseverance is the key to success.
Special Effects: Skill Effect Replacement
|1888 Echoes or 8388 Fragments|
|Parchment||Memory Sphere Season 3||They have passed away and exist only in pictures.||N/A|
|Past Memories||Memory Sphere Season 7||Those people and things have been long buried in the past.||258 Echoes or 968 Fragments|
|Bizarre Detective||Already Obtained||Hunter's accessories, Bizarro Detective||N/A|
|Villian Charm||N/A||Hunter's accessories, Villain Charm||258 Echoes or 968 Fragments|
|Lost Girl||N/A||Hunter's accessories, Lost Girl||258 Echoes or 968 Fragments|
|Graffiti||Muse Mark||Already Equipped||The Graffiti content for all survivors and hunters, Muse Mark|
|Graffiti||Wu Chang - Gray Shadow||Wu Chang's exclusive Graffiti, Gray Shadow.|
|Emote||Salute||Salute Motion, exclusive to Wu Chang|
|Emote||Threaten||Memory Sphere Season 6||Threaten Motion, exclusive to Wu Chang|
|Emote||Rolls 4-Sided Dice||4-sided Dice Enthusiast
|Rolls 4-sided Dice Motion, exclusive to Wu Chang|
|Default||Already Equipped||Hunter's default motion in matching room|
|Demonstrate||Memory Sphere Season 5||Wu Chang Exclusive Matching Room Standby Motion - Demonstrate|
|Visit||S8 Rank Treasure VI||Wu Chang Exclusive Matching Room Standby Motion - Visit (visible to Survivors)|
|Snooze||Memory Sphere Season 6||Wu Chang Exclusive Matching Room Standby Motion - Snooze|
Tips[edit | edit source]
As Wu Chang[edit | edit source]
- From the start of the match, immediately cast the umbrella to a generator (Knowing spawn places would be extremely helpful.) If there is a survivor, summon. Otherwise, going around with that bonus movement speed for some seconds.
- White Guard has great hitbox using charged attack, while Black Guard is known for fast pallet breaking speed, fast recovery speed. Find out which one suits you the most in each moment.
- When affected by both skills, survivors will start to have cards glowing around, sharply decreased movement speed, moving in both directions.
- Trick, when you are facecamping, switch to Black. If a survivor is coming to rescue, switch to White to activate Lost Soul to nearby survivor, make them unable to rescue.
- Teleport: Summon is Teleport, I know. But Teleport is more powerful in late-game, when you need to patrol multiple cipher machine at once.
- Blink: If you suck at chase, use Blink. Blink always helps.
- Peeper: Peeper reduces movement and interaction speed. Helpful for White Guard.
Against Wu Chang
- Wu Chang players often choose White when pursuing, use that as a advantage. White hitbox are long, sharp but has a narrow range, so if Wu Chang is charging, juke him.
- Understand the weakness of each guard.
- Black Guard hitbox is short, but has fast recovery speed and fast pallet breaking speed, meaning he is better at looping around pallet. His Soul Wavering also stun survivor for 0,5 seconds, meaning he can cut loop pretty easy. Meanwhile, he can't really cut distance that fast, and often has to summon to get near to the survivors.
- Meanwhile, White skill, Lost Soul makes him has fast movement speed for some seconds, and his incredible hitbox makes him better at shortening distance. But his slow attacking speed make survivors can get to a pallet or different direction to avoid getting hit.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- His birthday is 15th of July in Chinese lunar calendar,this makes their birthday vary every year.
- His birthday in 2020 is 2nd of September.
- Their interests are drawing and calligraphy.
- Their skills are writing poems and using swords.
- They hate rain and rope.
- They like umbrellas and Chinese compasses.
- Their clothing looks similar to the Chinese colors of Yin and Yang.
- They are based off of the myth of Heibai Wuchang, they are worshipped as the fortune deities in in Chinese temples. The white guard would bring good fortune to people who have done good deeds and the black guard would punish others for committing evil acts.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]