|This article is a stub. You can help Identity V Wiki by .|
Overview[edit | edit source]
Contrary to the general impressions of postmen, Victor isn't particularly verbal and prefers staying away from people. After receiving his first letter with great excitement, he embarked on a journey to the Manor with his reliable partner, Wick the Post Dog.
Background[edit | edit source]
Victor has always been a quiet, non-verbal individual who neither enjoys talking nor considers himself good at it. He avoids eye contact when possible, and while he speaks very formally and politely, Victor chooses instead to write down his thoughts. Even more so, the young postman likes to see people's reactions to his letters. Their joy, their anger, their sadness, their surprise; he feels that words written are much more trustworthy than words that are spoken, and you don't have to worry about the nuances that come with speaking when writing. Generally a warm-hearted and kind boy full of endless amounts of talent, Victor garnered the trust of the local population when he acted heroically during a fire; in said fire, he saved a young puppy, which came to be known as his postdog, Wick. After receiving a request to deliver letters to the manor, the eccentrically sweet postman embarked on his journey to Oletus, hopeful and filled with excitement.
Deduction Targets[edit | edit source]
- 1 Bronze Bell
Whenever the Bronze Bell tolls, everyone would hand me their secret on a paper. It's a form of trust.
- Basic Objective: Encounter 1 teammate(s)
- Advanced Objective 1: Encounter 2 teammate(s)
- Advanced Objective 2: Encounter 3 teammate(s)
Conclusion: A Post Office Announcement: Starting today, Victor Grantz will take on the role as Postman to deliver mail and packages.
- 2 Nickname
"Big Daddy" never called me by my name. He only calls me "Postman," just like how everyone calls him "Big Daddy."
- Basic Objective: Deliver letter 1 time(s)
- Advanced Objective 1: Deliver letter 2 time(s)
- Advanced Objective 1: Deliver letter 3 time(s)
Conclusion: A letter to myself: Victor, listen to me, "Find a mute who can speak. That's someone who can keep a secret."
- 3 Curiosity
He said if something happens, he will ask Wick to give this letter to me for delivering.
- Basic Objective: Peek at letter 1 time(s).
- Advanced Objective 1: Peek at letter 2 time(s).
- Advanced Objective 2: Peek at letter 2 time(s).
Conclusion: A letter: Enclosed is a list of supplies for the transaction and several addresses.
- 4 "Gift"
"Big Daddy" often sends letters to a policeman. When the recipient wasn't there, his partner Wick would accept delivery on his behalf.
- Basic Objective: Open the exit gate.
- Advanced Objective 1: Open the exit gate.
- Advanced Objective 2: Open the exit gate.
Conclusion: An anonymous letter, enclosing a stack of money and a note with an address.
- 5 Special Value
There's always someone asking about the identity of "Big Daddy." Their small talk makes me nervous.
- Basic Objective: Deliver Hope Letter 1 time(s).
- Advanced Objective 1: Deliver Hope Letter 1 time(s).
- Advanced Objective 2: Deliver Hope Letter 2 time(s).
Conclusion: Investigation Memo: The gangsters are getting more cautious these days. I hope the poor souls who delivered messages for them could rest in peace.
- 6 Break-up
"Big Daddy" won't let me deliver letters for him anymore.
- Basic Objective: Deliver Farewell Letter 1 time(s).
- Advanced Objective 1: Deliver Farewell Letter 2 time(s).
- Advanced Objective 2: Deliver Farewell Letter 2 time(s).
Conclusion: A note: A postman witnessed the police beating up a hooligan.
- 7 Discrepancy
I'm just a tool for them.
- Basic Objective: Escape through the dungeon.
- Advanced Objective 1: Escape through the dungeon.
- Advanced Objective 2: Escape through the dungeon.
Conclusion: A letter to myself: Victor, when will you...have your own secret?
- 8 Business
The envelops delivered here are getting thicker, yet the parcels sent back are getting smaller.
- Basic Objective: Deliver Bravery Letter 1 time(s).
- Advanced Objective 1: Deliver Bravery Letter 1 time(s).
- Advanced Objective 2: Deliver Bravery Letter 2 time(s).
Conclusion: Parcel note: What do you mean "more" ? Don't get greedy! Also, stop sending that Postman. Get one of your buddies for the delivery!
- 9 Possession
I hold my own secret now.
- Basic Objective: Deliver Tranquility Letter to a Survivor decoding a Cipher Machine 1 time.
- Advanced Objective 1: Deliver Tranquility Letter to a Survivor decoding a Cipher Machine 1 time.
- Advanced Objective 2: Deliver Tranquility Letter to a Survivor decoding a Cipher Machine 2 times.
Conclusion: A newspaper clipping. A house was on fire...A policeman died, and many injured. Local Postman discovered the fire in time and joined in the rescue...The fire was contained.
Should I remind him? Will he question me? Is there a chance to get that letter still?
- Basic Objective: Deliver Inspiring Letter 1 time(s).
- Advanced Objective 1: Deliver Inspiring Letter 1 time(s).
- Advanced Objective 2: Deliver Inspiring Letter 2 time(s).
Conclusion: Monitoring record: Everything's normal. But if the "Postman" wouldn't keep his mouth shut like the cop, I'll get rid of him, too.
11. Lost Letter
I'm still the Postman, but I've lost the Bronze Bell.
- Basic Objective: Deliver Urgent Letter to a Survivor being pursued 1 time(s).
- Advanced Objective 1: Deliver Urgent Letter to a Survivor being pursued 1 time(s).
- Advanced Objective 2: Deliver Urgent Letter to a Survivor being pursued 2 time(s).
Conclusion: A note: Don't say anything. You stick out like a sore thumb. We won't mind burning that dog again.
External Traits[edit | edit source]
|The Postman carries letters around with him and sends them to their designated recipients with the Post Dog. After receiving the letter, the recipient will obtain the attached buff. When a letter is sent, it will enter into cooldown and refresh. There are several rules for refreshing.
Urgent Letter: Increases the recipient's Movement Speed by 10% for 15 seconds.
Farewell Letter: If the recipient vaults over a window or a pallet within 90 seconds, the recipient's Movement Speed will increase by 40% for 3 seconds. This effect can only be triggered 1 time and has a lower triggering priority than Knee Jerk Reflex and Broken Windows.
Tranquillity Letter: Increases recipient's Decoding Speed by 20% for 30 seconds.
Bravery Letter: Increases recipient's Rescue Speed by 30%. Also increases recipient's Movement Speed by 10% for 180 seconds when nearing Rocket Chairs with Survivors on it.
Inspiring Letter: Permanently increases recipient's Vaulting Speed by 10%.
Hope Letter: Permanently increases recipient's Exit Gate Opening Speed by 30% and gains continuous vision on the Dungeon's location.
How to Use
Tap on the skill button to enter the Letter Delivery interface and select the Recipient and letter type.
The Letter Delivery cooldown is 55 seconds and. There are 3 letter types available for each Letter Delivery. After a letter is sent, the letter types will refresh after a cooldown on specific rules, and the available letter types after the refresh can be previewed.
Survivors can only have one Letter Buff at any time.
|Post Dog||The Post Dog will take on the actual task of Letter Delivery. After the Postman confirms the target recipient, the Post Dog automatically carries the letter to deliver.
If the Post Dog is attacked while delivering letters, the Letter Delivery will be terminated.
If the recipient can't move when the Post Dog delivers the Letter, the Letter Delivery will fail.
If the Letter Delivery is taking too long, the Post Dog will be too tired and the Letter Delivery will be terminated.
The Post Dog usually hides at the corner of the scene and is only around when the Postman has a letter to deliver.
|Empathy||The recipient's joy when receiving a letter is the greatest encouragement to the Postman. When the recipient successfully receives the letter, the Postman will also obtain the same buff.|
|Expectation||The Postman always hopes that someone will deliver a letter to him. Such an expectation makes him restless, reducing his Decoding Speed by 8%.
Hmm... if his expectation remains unfulfilled, why doesn't he peek into one himself? However, opening others' letters will increase the Postman's next delivery cooldown by 50%.
Appearance Decoration[edit | edit source]
|Original||Already Equipped||The original costume. Everything looks so natural.||N/A|
|The Embrace||S9 Essence 1||The origins of the Bloodline are no longer traceable, and the mystery of the Tome written by The Embrace has long been circulating internally. After the castle banquet, the Bloodline covenant collapsed with the Tome. But after the original owner appeared, the privilege to write destiny will no longer be neglected. ([Limited] Costume, can only be obtained in S9 Essence 1.)||N/A|
|Keyboard||Memory Sphere Season 11||A misfit who's crazy about music, he can't stand the harsh rules and inequality of the sound of hell any longer, so he banished himself to the world of the living. He comes across a quirky bar on the way and is attracted by music that reminded him of home. Yet he never thought he's about stepping into a trap that may cost him his faith.||N/A|
|Herald||N/A||The Embrace recalls his identity from a distant past. Back then, he never thought that the dark secret stumbled upon while delivering a message would become his end.||318 Echoes or 1188 Fragments|
|Retro Green||Logic Path reached 502 (S10)||Peace and youth, prosperity and abundance.||Logic Path Season 10 reached 502.|
|Grace Pink||N/A||Putting on a smile when delivering a letter makes people happy!||N/A|
|Final Present||Memory Sphere Season 11||Victor didn't think that this present from his past friend would be the last testament of their last meeting.
Enables ability and status effects.
|1888 Echoes or 8388 Fragments|
|Casablanca||Deduction Star Commemoration Event 2019||"As time goes by, my love for you continues to grow every day"
Deduction Star Commemoration Event 2019 Bouquet. Please give this Bouquet to the Deduction Star in your heart
|Confident Detective||S1 Memory Sphere A||Survivor's accessories, Confident Detective||208 Echoes or 788 Fragments|
|Gemini||S1 Memory Sphere A||Survivor's accessories, Gemini||208 Echoes or 788 Fragments|
|Expert Detective||Rank Treasure||Survivor's accessories, Expert Detective||N/A|
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Hunter can follow your dog to find your teammates. If sending the Tranquility letter (for decoding) do not send the letter to teammates that are far away.
- When a teammate is being chased by the Hunter, send a kiting buff (speed boost, vault boost etc.) to aid them.
- Only peek at your letters when you are kiting and need the buff. Peeking at letters increases the wait time for the recharge of the next letter.