Overview[edit | edit source]
Chairs have static spawns in every trial, so their location never changes.
Chair Mechanics[edit | edit source]
Tying[edit | edit source]
When in proximity to a chair that hasn't been dismantled or sent away from an prior elimination/launch, the Hunter carrying a Survivor is given the opportunity to chair that Survivor, placing them onto the chair and tying them to it securely.
Chair Stages[edit | edit source]
For Survivors, Chairs have three different stages. Stages 1 and 2 each have a duration of 30 seconds:
|Chair Stage||Health Bar||Explanation|
|1||100-51%||A Survivor being tied to a chair for the first time will enter Stage One.
A Survivor in Stage One can be rescued by another Survivor. Once the Health Bar drops to 50%, the Survivor will enter Stage Two.
|2||50-1%||A Survivor being tied to the chair a second time, required that they were rescued before reaching 50% health, will enter Stage Two.
A Survivor in Stage Two, also known as the "Middle Phase", can still be rescued by another Survivor, but can only be saved one more time. Once the Health Bar drops to 0%, they will enter Stage Three.
|3||0%||A Survivor being chaired a third time, required that they were rescued before reaching 0% health, will enter Stage Three.
This also happens to the last living Survivor, no matter if it's just the first or second chair. A Survivor in Stage Three gets sent back to the Manor, eliminated from the trial.
Rescuing[edit | edit source]
Survivors can rescue teammates strapped to chairs, putting them back onto their feet and in the injured state. There are several mechanics that augment or are augmented by this interaction:
Dismantling[edit | edit source]
Survivors with a toolkit equipped have the opportunity to walk up to a Chair and dismantle it, breaking it temporary. Hunters are now able to repair it before placing survivors onto it without bringing the trait "Abnormal". Survivors earn 250 points in the "Bravery" category for successfully dismantling a chair. If a chair is broken, it will look the part, crooked and shooting sparks out, and Hunters will not be able to place Survivors onto it.
The only chairs that cannot be dismantled would be the set of four in the Basement.
Basement Chairs[edit | edit source]
The Basement Chairs are a unique set of four rocket chairs located in the Basement. They can't be dismantled, but will still be lost after eliminating a survivor with it. This ensures that the Hunter will always have an opportunity somewhere on the Map to eliminate a Survivor with a Chair. Instead of launching upwards, the Basement Chairs go underground.
Related Talents[edit | edit source]
Survivors[edit | edit source]
- Risky Move will increase rescue speed by 40%.
- Tide Turner will activate when its user rescues a teammate. Both the savior and the rescued survivor will be made invincible for twenty seconds. Whilst this effect is active, the survivors cannot be healed or put into the dying state, and the effect will dissipate once the 20 second timer is up. This ability can only be used once per trial.
- Sneak will cause Survivors within 18 meters of a chaired Survivor to not leave a trail whilst running.
- Catfish Effect will, when its user is placed on a chair, grant Survivors within 12/18/24 meters 4%/6%/8% movement speed.
- Distress will allow other Survivors to see each other when its user is placed on a chair.
- Prisoner's Dilemma will allow the user to see a Survivor and a Hunter for an additional 5 seconds once the Hunter picks them up off of the ground. This effects end when the Survivor is placed onto a chair.
- Bad Example will grant its user 4%/6%/8% movement speed when within 12/18/24 meters of another Survivor on a Chair.
- Shelter will decrease healing time by 20%/30%/40% for 60/90/120 seconds after saving someone from a Rocket Chair. The effect can multiply.
Hunters[edit | edit source]
- Panic will reduce all survivors' decoding, healing, and destroying speeds by 3% when a survivor is injured, incapacitated, or placed on a Rocket Chair. This effect can stack.
- Wanted Order will show the outline of a random survivor (so long as they are not incapacitated or on a chair) and grant 10% bonus movement speed. The speed boost will dissipate when the survivor is rescued, although the outline remains for 25 seconds.
- Control Freak speeds up the Rocket Chair's countdown by 3%/6%/9%.
- Mock will increase movement speed by 3%/4%/5% when a Survivor is placed on a Rocket Chair.
- Claustrophobia will slow exit gate opening speed by 50% for 20 seconds should all four survivors not be incapacitated (tied to balloons, downed, or placed on a Rocket Chair.)
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Mini Hammer accessory for the Gardener adds a special effect whilst dismantling a Rocket Chair.
- Rocket Chairs were previously nooses that force them onto their knees. When the timer ran out, they would be hanged and killed.
|Chests||Exit Gates||Cipher Machines||Dungeon||Basement|