"As a retired mercenary, Naib Subedar is used to a life full of risk. Will this dangerous game be comparable to what he experienced on the battlefield?"
Background[edit | edit source]
Although not tall and physically strong, Naib is like most Gurkhas, and the rugged terrain has trained their strong physiques and indomitable spirits. Naib used to be a soldier for the East India Company, but because he believed in the idea of equality for human beings, his dislike of war reached its peak and refused to sell for the British. He then became a free mercenary, but he has long since left his bloodthirsty life after retirement. Perhaps a dangerous game can give him the same experience on the battlefield?
External Traits[edit | edit source]
|Iron Dash||Possesses Elbow Pads, which trigger upward Dash Hit boost when he propels himself off a passing wall.
How to use
Players can choose to turn it "On" or "Off", and running over a wall while in "On" will trigger a Dash Hit.
The Mercenary's excellent technique makes his Elbow Pads more durable and can be used more times (4 times). When others pick up the Elbow Pads left by the Mercenary, they can only use them for 3 times.
|Skilled||Military trained. Obstacle Vaulting Speed is increased by 10%.|
|Steel Will||The Mercenary has tempered his spirit through battle. The Countdown Speed of Rocket Chairs he is fastened to is reduced by 30% and the increase of fear is delayed by 15 seconds. He cannot be incapacitated until his fear exceeds the limit. His reaction to normal attacks is delayed by 15 seconds.|
|Shell Shocked||Scarred by the effects of war, the Mercenary panics when he hears the noise produced by Cipher Machines and his Decoding Speed decreased by 25%. When there are more than one Mercenaries in the game, the memories they share intensify the panic and each additional Mercenary reduces their Decoding Speed by 10%, up to 55%. Warfare has also left the Mercenary with refractory wounds that will be aggravated by new wounds. Time to be healed is increased by 20% and can reach100%.|
Deduction Target[edit | edit source]
Full Conclusion[edit | edit source]
Fighting with his comrades in battle, they covered him, but he was injured. The mercenary wanted to leave with his comrades. For this, he shot the opposing general in the head. In the military, he was discriminated because of his nationality. He was not treated as a British soldier in all respects, so he decided to retire as a soldier. When he was a mercenary, he was free and his income was much higher than before.
Mercenaries have always had weak comrades, but because their overall power was low, they decided not to fight and chose to retreat. The mercenary survived and recalled that his elbow was severely damaged in the battle.
Appearance Decoration[edit | edit source]
|Original||Already Equipped||The original costume. Everything looks so natural.||588 Echoes or 3048 Clues|
|Worn Clothes||Complete Character Deduction quest 11 Precise Assessment to get.||All the clothes are super tattered. Was it only a game they have been through?||N/A|
|Cheshire Cat||N/A||He always shows a calm and seductive smile to hide his true feelings.||2888 Echoes or 12888 Fragments|
|Spring Hand||S1 Memory Sphere A||Hey! These hands are weak, but you really should see how they look with the springs loaded!||1388 Echoes or 4888 Fragments|
|Parasite||N/A||These eye-shaped gems make his skin glitter... they are so shiny!||1388 Echoes or 4888 Fragments|
|Infected||S1 Memory Sphere B||Those red eyes really make one's hair stand on end, so don't stare at them for too long.||N/A|
|Eagle's Dance||Memory Sphere Season 2||The white eagle's graceful figure attracted the attention of many during the performance at the parade.||N/A|
|Clarity||Memory Sphere Season 5||He is willing to find a new way, even if it means destroying the old one.||N/A|
|Cursed Pharaoh||Logic Path reached 1528 (S4)||It feels so good to be awakened. Kneel before your god, foolish mortals.||N/A|
|Steam Teen||Call of the Abyss II||The Eye can reignite the tower's core and save the frozen city, but it is more likely to plunge everything into another unknown abyss. How will the teen act when presented with choices after facing the truth?||N/A|
|Cloak||Memory Sphere||Seriously, if you want to keep a low profile and successfully execute the secret mission, this suit is not the best choice...||288 Echoes or 1088 Fragments|
|Sharkbite||N/A||The old soldier is not dead, but has just faded away. But before his time, he found a woman worth protecting.||318 Echoes or 1188 Fragments|
|Blacktip||S1 Memory Sphere B||His body is covered in scars from his fights with the terrifying captain. They regarded each other as mortal enemies.||318 Echoes or 1188 Fragments|
|Hound||Memory Sphere Season 8||Following the old ways while under the new order is dangerous.||N/A|
|Hummingbird||Memory Sphere Season 10||On the second day of our forest exploration, I found clues left behind by the captain. That should have been a good start, but I began to feel anxious. I realised from that moment on, something was lurking in the dark and was waiting for an opportunity to act. Perhaps they're hunters in ambush, or they might be the prey of our excursion.|
|Straight Punch||Memory Sphere Season 12||Before stepping into the rink again, maybe it's time to ask yourself if you have the courage to knock out the past.||N/A|
|Gloom||S1 Essence 6||A melancholy temperament is not congenital.||N/A|
|Stealth||S2 Essence 1||The lively color green also has a quiet side.||N/A|
|Flame||S1 Memory Sphere B||Fast as wind, gentle as the forest, aggressive as fire.||108 Echoes or 438 Fragments|
|Cat Tail||N/A||Each cat has the same trait: Sneaky
Special Effects: Mysterious Cat Bounce Effect
|1888 Echoes or 8388 Fragments|
|Eagle Feather||Memory Sphere Season 6||The rhythm of movement is as light as this feather!
Special Effects: Repulsion
|788 Echoes or 2988 Fragments|
|Gurkha Blade||S1 Memory Sphere B||A gurkha blade with a gorgeous sheath.||N/A|
|Bottled Firefly||Memory Sphere Season 10||Mercenary know well the cruelty of war. He also knows that being hopeful about the world despite having such knowledge is rare.||258 Echoes or 968 Fragments|
|Graffiti||Muse Mark||Already Equipped||The Graffiti content for all survivors and hunters, Muse Mark|
|Graffiti||Mercenary - Cartoon||Season 1 Essence 4||Mercenary's exclusive Graffiti, Cartoon|
|Graffiti||Mercenary - Animal||Abyss Treasure||Mercenary exclusive Graffiti - Animal|
|Graffiti||Mercenary - Silhouette||Season 1 Essence 4||Mercenary's exclusive Graffiti, Silhouette|
|Graffiti||Armguard - Grayed||S2 - Rank Treasure||Armguard Graffiti, Grayed|
|Graffiti||Spring Hand - Cartoon||S2 Essence 1||Mercenary's exclusive Graffiti, Spring Hand - Cartoon|
|Graffiti||Spring Hand - Silhouette||Mercenary's exclusive Graffiti, Spring Hand - Silhouette|
|Emote||Provoke||S2 - Rank Treasure||A provoking motion, exclusive to Mercenary.|
|Emote||Lie Down||S1 Memory Sphere B||A lie-down motion, exclusive to Mercenary.|
|Emote||Shout||S1 Memory Sphere B||A shout motion, exclusive to Mercenary.|
|Emote||Throws Snowball||Abyss Treasure||Throws Snowball Motion, exclusive to Mercenary|
|Emote||Dance||S5 Memory Sphere||Dance Motion, exclusive to Mercenary|
|Emote||Rolls 4-Sided Dice||4-sided Dice Enthusiast
|Rolls 4-sided Dice Motion, exclusive to Mercenary|
|Emote||Agree||Already Equipped||A motion that means agreement.|
|Emote||Hush||Already Equipped||A motion that means hush.|
|Emote||Advance||S1 Memory Sphere B||A motion that means advance.|
|Emote||Confused||S2 - Rank Treasure||A motion that means confusion.|
|Emote||Hurry Back||S1 Memory Sphere B||A motion that asks teammates to hurry back.|
|Default||Already Equipped||Male survivor's default motion in matching room|
|Stand||S1 Memory Sphere B||Mercenary's motion in matching room, Stand|
|Look||Memory Sphere Season 3||Mercenary Matching Room Motion, Look|
|Hide||S2 - Rank Treasure||Mercenary's motion in matching room, Hide|
|Ready||S2 Essence 2||Mercenary's motion in matching room, Ready|
|Wait||Rank Treasure||Mercenary's motion in matching room, Wait|
|Snooze||S1 Memory Sphere B||Mercenary's motion in matching room, Snooze|
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Even having 4 elbow pads, save them. With 10% increased vaulting speed, you still be able to kite at least 10 seconds. (Don't)
- A Perfect Scenario:
- One Elbow Pad for getting away from hunter. (Early/Mid)
- Two Elbow Pads to get to the rescue. (1 if there are secondary rescuer)
- One Elbow Pad use for late game.
- Have Tide Turner on the mercenary so the teammate you save can get as far away from the rocket chair as possible.
- As his healing speed is slow and the ability to apply damage slower, sometimes in the match only Borrowed Time can save him. Due to that fact, body block and take hits whenever you can for your teammates.
- You do not need to body block when performing the first rescue. Body block the second time rescuing when you are without Tide Turner .
- Broken Windows is not favorable for Naib, as Tide Turner and Borrowed Time benefit him far more. He does not need the boosts when kiting due to his delayed damage and multiple elbow pads.
- Naib is the only character in the game who, at full health, can body-block a hunter's normal attack when the hunter has detention. This can be incredibly useful when your teammate is being chased by the hunter and is close to the exit gate. Joseph is the one exception to this, and can terror shock Naib at any time. To counter this, make sure to not take any risks when going against him, especially when photo world is active and Joseph has presence.
- One hit for the Naib when he goes for a rescue. One hit is more than nothing - especially when Naib can dash away with no injuries. (Don't expect terror shock on chair that much on high ranks)
- Don't chase Naib in the early game. If you chase him to make him waste elbow pads, you will most likely have several Cipher Machines completed. Even if you get him on the chair, his 30% ability slowing down rocket chair speed will make all machines primed. To go with this, do not camp his rocket chair if you end up chairing him, as you will be there for at least the completion of one to two cipher machines.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- His name, Naib Subedar is a rank in the Indian Army that often serves as a platoon for commanders.
- His birthday is on the 23rd of July.
- He is interested and skilled in using melee weapons, fighting, and climbing.
- He hates boars and customers that cause trouble.
- He likes scimitars and moonlit nights.
- The way to achieve Naib's achievement, "Blade Dancer", is to use his elbow pads at least four times when the hunter attacks him within 1 second without being injured.