Background[edit | edit source]
Kurt is an experienced explorer, passionate about exploring the limits of humanity. He has sailed across the English Channel, flown over old-growth forests in a hot air balloon, and, of course, joined a life-or-death game. As a master of survival, maybe he has a good shot at winning?
The adventurer Kurt-Frank was born in Yorkshire, England. After he was born, he moved with his parents and immigrated. He went from England to Italy, then to France, and back to the UK, constantly moving through a variety of adult travelers. This unique experience made Kurt feel like a migratory bird, forming a typical escaped personality, and it was difficult to concentrate. Every day, he was obsessed with reading novels about ancient artifacts and expeditions, such as the classic Gulliver's Travels. He always thought that he was a great adventurer.
The adventurer Kurt is good at sailing and hot air balloon driving, and because he had been reading Gulliver’s Travels, he goes out almost every day. He brings the book with him since Kurt wants to be as small as the protagonist.
External Traits[edit | edit source]
Carries around the novel Gulliver's Travels and can turn into a tiny Lilliputian after reading it. He is undetectable by the hunter's radar after shrinking, but cannot perform most actions. Treasure will be activated after shrinking. The location of the Treasure is recorded in the book, and Password Page can be found when you arrive at that location. The password can be used to quickly decode half of the Cipher Machine, but finding the Password Page or activating the Treasure Hunt while in a shrink state will expose your location to the Hunter. The Explorer is allowed to carry a maximum of 2 passwords, and leaving the Manor will cause players to drop them on the ground. Other Survivors are able to pick them up and use them. Maps generate up to 3 locations with hidden treasure. Due to his love for books, this item is not depleted when used.
Duo Hunters Mode: A single Password Page will only grant 35% Decoding Progress, and up to 6 locations with hidden treasures will be generated on the map.
Possesses superior survival skills and knows how to hide his tracks. His tracks last for 1s less. Also, vaulting obstacles will not alert the hunter.
Can hardly control his curiosity and tends to attempt risky operations when decoding. The chance of triggering a calibration is increased by 30% and scope of success decreased by 30%.
After plenty of rest the Explorer is ready to Dash Hit. Stop moving for 10 seconds to increase your movement speed by 40% for 1 second. This effect can only be triggered once every 80 seconds
Deduction Target[edit | edit source]
Appearance Decoration[edit | edit source]
|Original||Already Equipped||The original costume. Everything looks so natural.||388 Echoes or 1468 Clues|
|Worn Clothes||Complete Character Deduction quest 12 Gulliver's Travels to get||All the clothes are super tattered. Was it only a game they have been through?||N/A|
|Mr. Turtle||S2 Essence 1||Being clear-headed is important during matches.||N/A|
|Archaelogical Professor||Memory Sphere Season 4||It's my job to restore history, and it's my duty to protect cultural relics. Oh, it probably isn't a good idea to bring this book along.||N/A|
|Inventor||Call of the Abyss II||He rescued the distressed teen from the weirdo, and introduced him to the expedition as a new recruit, providing steam equipment.||N/A|
|Icarus||Memory Sphere Season 6||I yearn for blue skies, but hope to stay away from the sun.||N/A|
|Alice||Memory Sphere Season 8||N/A|
|Researcher||S1 Memory Sphere A||Venturing into forbidden areas of science in a dangerous laboratory. Isn't that just another fascinating adventure?||N/A|
|Voyage||N/A||If there are times when you long to uncover the mysterious of the abyss, why not put on your backpack and embark on a voyage!||318 Echoes or 1188 Fragments|
|Lost||S1 Memory Sphere B||Life is a long voyage. As long as you have a lighthouse in one's heart, you won't lose your way.||N/A|
|"Museum Shelf"||Memory Sphere Season 5||I sell goods from all over the world, but my people are not among them.||N/A|
|Apricot Yellow||S1 Memory Sphere B||Ah, this sweet flavor is bursting with freshness and fragrance.||108 Echoes or 438 Fragments|
|Turquoise||N/A||Tough and lofty as bluestone.||N/A|
|Verdant Green||N/A||This is the green color of nature.||N/A|
|Pinky Memory||S1 Memory Sphere B||Age is not the reason to abandon the roseate memory.||N/A|
|Autumn Orange||Rank Treasure||The color of autumn leaves does not only communicate a desolate mood.||N/A|
|Casablanca||Deduction Star Commemoration Event 2019 Bouquet||"As time goes by, my love for you continues to grow every day"
Deduction Star Commemoration Event 2019 Bouquet. Please give this Bouquet to the Deduction Star in your heart
|Confident Detective||S1 Memory Sphere A||Survivor's accessories, Confident Detective||208 Echoes or 788 Fragments|
|Gemini||Rank Treasure||Survivor's accessories, Gemini||208 Echoes or 788 Fragments|
|Expert Detective||Rank Treasure||Survivor's accessories, Expert Detective||N/A|
|Phase Shifter||Memory Sphere Season 6||This weird device generates a strange energy. Anyone hit by it will produce unstable phase changes
Special Effects: Increase special effects when using Travel Journals
|788 Echoes or 2988 Fragments|
|First Aid Kit||Rank Treasure||With the help of a first aid kit, an explorer can deal with any situation.||N/A|
|Gold Rose||Memory Sphere Season 4||It's hard to believe that ancient humans were capable of such delicate crafts.||258 Echoes or 968 Fragments|
|Alluring Chest||S8 Rank Treasure VI||A treasure chest full of priceless treasures, but only for the Lilliputians||N/A|
|Graffiti||Muse Mark||Already Equipped||The Graffiti content for all survivors and hunters, Muse Mark|
|Graffiti||Explorer - Animal||Abyss Treasure||Explorer exclusive Graffiti - Animal|
|Graffiti||Explorer - Cartoon||Rank Treasure||Explorer's exclusive Graffiti, Cartoon|
|Graffiti||Explorer - Silhouette||N/A||Explorer's exclusive Graffiti, Silhouette|
|Graffiti||Explorer - Gray Shadow||Explorer's exclusive Graffiti, Gray Shadow|
|Graffiti||Travels - Colored||Rank Treasure||Travels Graffiti, Grayed|
|Graffiti||Travels - Grayed||Rank Treasure||Travels Graffiti, Colored|
|Graffiti||Observer - Grayed||N/A||Observer Graffiti, Grayed|
|Emote||Agree||Already Equipped||A motion that means agreement.|
|Emote||Hush||Already Equipped||A motion that means hush.|
|Emote||Advance||N/A||A motion that means advance.|
|Emote||Confused||Rank Treasure||A motion that means confusion.|
|Emote||Hurry Back||S1 Memory Sphere B||A motion that asks teammates to hurry back.|
|Emote||Provoke||S2 Essence 1||A provoking motion, exclusive to Explorer.|
|Emote||Lie Down||Lie Down Motion, exclusive to Explorer|
|Emote||Dance||Memory Sphere Season 4||Dance Motion, exclusive to Explorer|
|Emote||Rolls 4-Sided Dice||4-sided Dice Enthusiast
|Rolls 4-Sided Dice Motion, exclusive to Explorer|
|Default||Already Equipped||Male survivor's default motion in matching room|
|Ready||S2 Essence 2||Explorer's motion in matching room, Ready|
|Wait||N/A||Explorer's motion in matching room, Wait|
|Snooze||N/A||Explorer's motion in matching room, Snooze|
|Look||Memory Sphere Season 3||Explorer Matching Room Motion, Look|
|Hide||Rank Treasure||Explorer's motion in matching room, Hide|
|Stand||Scattered around the corners of the manor. Explore now.||Explorer's motion in matching room, Stand|
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Remember, the Explorer decodes quickly and would rather to not enter chases so avoid chases whenever you can. Hes not horrible at kiting, though, and remember to use his silent vaulting to your advantage.
- Terrains, tall grass and the behind of Rocket Chairs can help the Explorer to hide effectively. Try not to hide in objects or terrain when your already injured, however, because tinnitus can sell you out quickly.
- When the steps to find another page is >80 steps, you should focus on decoding. The time to find a page and walk to there is enough to decode a machine. Also remember to be respectful to other teammates! If a password is near a cipher someone is on, use it on their cipher, or wait until they've finished to dig it up, since digging up passwords alerts the hunter.
- To save time, see the direction of the page, and run to there without opening the book. After 5 seconds, open it again and close it, run to that direction again. Doing it 3 times will help you find the page quickly.
- Using broken windows can also help with finding passwords, as the Explorer will not alert the hunter when he vaults, you can get to the passwords faster using this, but take caution if you feel you'd enter a kite soon.
- You can farm points by just using the book to get the "Microworld" points. You should only use it to farm points when you are at an exit gate or during a bot match.
- Kurt is a decoder, meaning he's not good at rescuing. You should let other teammates rescue, unless your remaining teammates are characters like Minds Eye, where it would be easier for you to rescue.
- Airwalking is a good investment for Explorer, due to his trait that automatically reduces his trail by 1s
- You CAN use Explorers ability to try and loose the hunter mid-kite, but you have to know when to recognize that the hunter has spotted you or when they have lost you. Full Airwalking makes it much easier to pull off, and as always, Practice makes perfect.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- His birthday is 1st of March.
- His interest is reading, and he's talented to telling things.
- He hates insects.
- He likes journal and novels.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]