|This article is a stub. You can help Identity V Wiki by .|
"In Joseph's eyes, every photograph is a mark in time."
Overview[edit | edit source]
The Photographer is a time and space manipulating Hunter, able to create a Camera World with his cameras placed all over the map.
After taking a photo, he will create a Camera World, replicating the survivors and environment from that moment. In the Camera World, if Joseph hits Survivors once, they'll receive a 0.5 damage; if he incapacitates survivors, they'll receive one damage; if he put the survivors in Rocket Chairs, they'll be incapacitated. Every time the Camera World ends, all Cipher Machines' decoding progress will be cut in half.
His Recorded Moment [[File:|28px|link=Recorded Moment]] ability allow him to enter and exit the Camera World freely and allow him to do surprise attacks when Survivors are decoding Cipher Machines or rescuing someone from Rocket Chairs. His second ability, Time Jump [[File:|28px|link=Time Jump]], allow him to records the path he passed in the last 15 seconds and he can return to any point in the path.
Background[edit | edit source]
Joseph was forced to leave France and move to England with his parents. The pain of losing his twin brother caused Joseph to become absorbed with art. He hoped to save the live images of those people and objects to liven up his pictures. Joseph has become obsessed with parapsychology and hopes to make some interesting modifications to his camera. He started to tell his closest friends that he had found a way to capture souls in pictures. No one took him seriously, but then they started to notice that everyone whose picture was taken by Joseph disappeared one after another. When a panic-stricken mob forced their way into Joseph's residence, Joseph was nowhere to be seen. On the wall of his studio, however, were all kinds of lifelike portraits of people that seemed to be looking right at them. 
External Traits[edit | edit source]
After Joseph takes a photo with his camera, he can replicate the survivors and environment from that moment and create a static Camera World. After the Camera World collapses, half of the changes made within it will be projected onto the real world, and there will be a cooldown during which the camera cannot be used. Joseph can enter the Camera World at will to find the person from the photo and place them upon a rocket chair. While in the static Camera World, survivors cannot escape the manor or be sent back there from rocket chairs; similarly, survivors in the real world can enter the Camera World through recorded images. Survivors who do this can decode cipher machines for progress but cannot decode them completely. Those in the Camera World will not apply team buffs or debuffs to survivors.
Grants the power of two spacetimes. Regular attacks deal 1.5x the damage.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
These are two Abilities that are unique to Joseph:
A recorded moment which can be used while Camera World is active. Joseph may use it to enter and exit the Camera World freely.
Joseph records last 15 seconds in time as he moves. Return to your desired point in time by holding down the skill button for the corresponding number of seconds.
Deduction Target[edit | edit source]
All completed Objectives reward the player with +335 Logic points for the Logic Path
Appearance Decoration[edit | edit source]
|Original||Already Equipped||The original costume. Everything looks so natural.||858 Echoes or 4508 Clues|
|Worn Clothes||Complete Character Deduction quest 10 Fear to get.||All the clothes are super tattered. Was it only a game they have been through?||N/A|
|Azrael||N/A||He fell from the heavens and brought with him the first falling leaf of the season.||2888 Echoes or 12888|
|Moonlight Gentleman||Memory Sphere Season 3||The moonlight in dreams is gentle and affectionate, but no one tries to dance with him.||N/A|
|Apollo||Memory Sphere Season 6||Only I can give you sunshine and hope, and only I can take them away.||N/A|
|Lies||Darling, every promise I make comes from my heart - if I had a heart.||N/A|
|Hypnotist||Memory Sphere Season 6||Medical Position: Hypnotist
Memo: Collecting vulnerable and distorted images of patients through hypnosis. Only Rorschach will have unnecessary sympathy for the patients... It's better that he goes and accompany those poor fellas!
|Count||Memory Sphere Season 7||Don't bother his Lordship, unless you want to be hung on the wall for eternity.||N/A|
|Bizarro Detective||Already Obtained||Hunter's accessories, Bizarro Detective||N/A|
|Villain Charm||N/A||Hunter's accessories, Villain Charm||258 Echoes or 968 Fragments|
|Lost Girl||N/A||Hunter's accessories, Lost Girl||258 Echoes or 968 Fragments|
|Astral Device||N/A||Your future destiny is something which you foresaw long ago, but cannot avoid.
Special Effect: Alters visual effects while walking and when taking pictures.
|1068 Echoes or 3888 Fragments|
|Graffiti||Muse Mark||Already Equipped||The Graffiti content for all survivors and hunters, Muse Mark|
|Emote||Threaten||Memory Sphere Season 6||Threaten Motion, exclusive to Photographer|
|Emote||Rolls 4-Sided Dice||4-sided Dice Enthusiast
|Rolls 4-sided Dice Motion, exclusive to Photographer|
|Default||Already Equipped||Hunter's default motion in matching room|
|Demonstrate||Memory Sphere Season 5||Photographer Exclusive Matching Room Standby Motion - Demonstrate|
|Sneer||Memory Sphere Season 5||Photographer Exclusive Matching Room Standby Motion, Sneer|
|Snooze||Memory Sphere Season 6||Photographer Exclusive Matching Room Standby Motion - Snooze|
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Photographer is unable to be used in "Violent Struggle" mode for a reason unknown to the public so far.
- This is most likely due to his complicated ability causing performance issues when there is double the number of players.
- Also, his attack does 1.5 damage which will knock the survivors down in just two hits. (Remember, in 2v8 mode, survivors have 3 HP)
- Joseph has a twin named Claude that is implied that he died of sickness.
- Joseph was alive during the French Revolution.
- Despite his young looks, it is implied that Joseph lived a long life, died and is now undead.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Taking the damage projection to your advantage, you can try out an alternative playstyle: Hit all photo survivors you can find in the Camera World once. Once the Camera World collapses, you can now incapacitate survivors in one-hit, due to their inability to heal half-damage. Notice that the Doctor can heal half-damage, so this playstyle is uneffective against a team with her.
- If you spawn right next to a camera, it is often best to wait for a few moments before activating the Camera World. This is to make sure every survivor has got a cipher machine to decode, so that you can Terror Shock their photo counterparts, suprising them and saving valuable time.
- As in the Camera World, survivors don't move and struggle so it's best to equip Hospitable to get yourself some extra movement speed hitting survivor when ballooning one of them.
- Wait at a cipher machine and escape out of the Camera World to attack and jumpscare them. Doing this will one-hit KO survivor
Gallery[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]