"When the sun sinks into the lake and the black stars rise, the one draped in yellow rags will rise from the depths of the lake. He is a nameless soul with an unquenching thirst for knowledge."
Background[edit | edit source]
Once a messenger appeared clad in a yellow robe prophesying the catastrophic arrival of a dynasty; this messenger was known as the Feaster, him who Is not to be named. He is the embodiment of calamity and suffering, but those with curious hearts have always tried to seek him out in the hope of being enlightened and learning the truth of the world.
Rumor[edit | edit source]
When the sun sinks into the lake and the black stars rise, the one draped in yellow rags will rise from the depths of the lake. He is a nameless soul with an unquenching thirst for knowledge.
External Traits[edit | edit source]
|Shape of Terror||Terror is generated and Tentacles will appear when a Survivor is injured or when a Teammate is knocked down. Hastur is also able to use the Tentacles to attack nearby Survivors.
Tentacles will decreases nearby Survivors' Decoding, Gate Opening, Vaulting, and Healing Speed.
Tentacles will also disappear faster when there are Survivors tied to Rocket Chairs.
|Terrified||Survivors will continuously charge Hastur's Tentacles when they are within the Terror Radius. The more Survivors within range, the faster they charge. Every time it's charged, Hastur will gain a Tentacle summon usage up to 5 times.|
Abilities[edit | edit source]
These are four Abilities that are unique to Hastur:
|Tentacles||Hastur can absorb the Survivors' Terror to charge and summon the Tentacles. Hastur can also release the Tentacles at a specific location by long holding it.
Cooldown: 14/3 seconds
|Nightmare Attack||Hastur can control nearby Tentacles. Tap and hold the skill button to hit the nearest Survivor with the Tentacles.
Cooldown: 5 seconds
|Condensation of Terror||On top of absorbing Survivors' Terror, Hastur's Tentacles will also gain additional charge over time, up to 5 times.
Cooldown: 40 seconds
|Nightmare Gaze||Hastur can choose to gaze at a Survivor. After being gazed at by Hastur over 20 seconds, Hastur can tap the skill button repeatedly to attack Survivors with the Tentacle Smash.
Cooldown: 5 seconds
Deduction Target[edit | edit source]
Appearance Decoration[edit | edit source]
|Original||Already Equipped||The original costume. Everything looks so natural.||858 Echoes or 4508 Clues|
|Worn Clothes||Complete Character Deduction quest 10 Befall to get.||All the clothes are super tattered. Was it only a game they have been through?||N/A|
|Poseidon's Crown||Season 1 Essence 5||There is no mercy in God's heart. That is the very reason why God is God.||N/A|
|Necromancer||N/A||Light in the dark is not necessarily a hopeful sign. The flickering flame signifies a lingering death.||2888 Echoes or 12888 Fragments|
|Poseidon||S1 Essence 5||He rules the oceans and lakes. His fury will rouse monsters from the abyss that will destroy everything.||N/A|
|Nepenthes||N/A||The woodctter asks the tree for an axe handle, and the tree bestows one upon him. Nepenthes is skeptical of this story.||1388 Echoes or 4888 Fragments|
|Chef||Autumn Festival||Message from a suspicious source:
After tasting his feast, many people became his follower.
|Carnival||N/A||A distant banquet visitor and one of Hastur's abyss incarnations.||318 Echoes or 1188 Fragments|
|Glutton||S1 Essence 5||A true predator doesn't know what being satisfied means. Beware of his gaze.||N/A|
|Oar of the Abyss||N/A||No one knows the true reason as to why it lurks here, the one who brought a ship and its crew to the unknown abyss.||318 Echoes or 1188 Fragments|
|Ghost Blue Helmsman||S1 Essence 6||The crew's fear toward the helmsman after he merged with the rudder almost surpassed that of their fear toward the captain.||N/A|
|Wandering Spirit||N/A||Let me find that book and I'll be free forever.||318 Echoes or 1188 Fragments|
|Ancient Soul||Memory Sphere Season 4||For thousands of years, I watched creatures come and go, as if everything was just an endless cycle.||N/A|
|Night Violet||Abyss Treasure||A touch of grim purple broke the peace of night.||N/A|
|"Nian"||Spring Festival 2020||Void, dead silence, and endless darkness befall these clamorous mortals! I despise the loudmouths.||N/A|
|Dead Wood||Logic Path reached 250 (S3)||N/A|
|Moss||N/A||It spreads on barren land until life has replaced death.||N/A|
|Dark Amulet||Memory Sphere Season 4||A dark stone with unspeakable evil hidden within.
Special Effect: Adds special effects to attacks.
|788 Echoes or 2988 Fragments|
|Stone Mask||S1 Memory Sphere 1B||A broken stone mask with tentacles.||N/A|
|Voice of the Ancient||Memory Sphere Season 11||The wind chime moves as the wind blows, making sounds that are simple and crisp. These sounds travel through time and space, capturing the minds of those who hear them.|
|Graffiti||The Feaster - Silhouette||S2 Essence 1||The Feaster's exclusive Graffiti, Silhouette|
|Graffiti||The Feaster - Cute||The Feaster's exclusive Graffiti, Cute|
|Emote||Salute||Memory Sphere Season 5||Salute Motion, exclusive to The Feaster|
|Emote||Threaten||Memory Sphere Season 6||Threaten Motion, exclusive to The Feaster|
|Emote||Rolls 4-Sided Dice||4-sided Dice Enthusiast
|Rolls 4-sided Dice Motion, exclusive to The Feaster|
|Stand||Memory Sphere Season 5||The Feaster's match lobby motion, Stand|
|Visit||Memory Sphere Season 5||The Feaster Exclusive Matching Room Standby Motion - Visit (visible to Survivors)|
Tips[edit | edit source]
As Hastur[edit | edit source]
- Get your presence up ASAP, via Insolence, or your very long ranging charged attack.
- Use tentacles to pinpoint survivor's locations, as they try to attack the nearest survivor, regardless of their actual distance from it. Note that they also try to attack stunned survivors if they are the closest one to the tentacle.
- This is a very good tacit to use if you are aware of a survivor's presence, perhaps via Tinnitus or marks on the ground, but do not know their exact location.
- A good combo is to have Teleport, and when a tentacle points to a cipher (trying to attack the survivor there), teleport there, or walk if it is quite close.
- When pursuing a survivor, place tentacles near pallets if you see the survivor heading towards pallets.
Countering[edit | edit source]
- Try to Avoid pallet stunning, As time is of the essence with the feaster.
- Don’t be altruistic unless he is not there.
- When a tentacle spawns on an area, go another direction, or dismantle it if he is not nearby
- Avoid open areas.
- Dismantle tentacles when he is not nearby.
- When being chased, do not hide in corners, because tentacles can spawn by you, or he uses another to quickly pinpoint your location.
- Try not to stay in his fear radius because the speed of the tentacle generating depends on the intensity of the fear radius, he will know your location.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Hastur was based on the story of the book King in the Yellow.
- His character day is January 24th.
- Hastur is the only character to have "???" Written in its likes and dislikes.
- He might based on 'The Call of Cthulhu' by H.P. Lovecraft