|This article is a stub. You can help Identity V Wiki by .|
He will be available for purchase after his official release on September 24th, 2020.
Overview[edit | edit source]
Edgar is from a very rich family, The Valden family, and at a young age believed that everyone in this world are just mere peasants. He's always believed that no one is fit to discuss art with him, and he is very arrogant and stubborn.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
Background[edit | edit source]
The only son in the Valden family of aristocrats, Edgar showed an interest and high talent in painting from childhood. Praise from his family and the public has led to his eccentric character. He only sees art from his own perspective and has a high self-esteem. His perception of the world around him led to his belief that nobody else is worthy to speak to him about art.
He did not participate in the game for the prize. As the heir to the Valden family, money did not tempt him. So what made him participate in this game?
External Traits[edit | edit source]
Translated from the Chinese Weibo post
Artistic Sensitivity = The Painter carries a paintbrush and drawing board with him. After memorizing the appearance of the Hunter, the Painter can draw a portrait of the Hunter on the drawing board. After the drawing is completed, the drawing board can be placed in the arena.
When standing close to the drawing board, the Hunter will be attracted by the painting. The Hunter will walk towards the drawing board uncontrollably, and stop to admire their appearance on the drawing board. After admiring the drawing board for a long time, the Hunter will lose interest in the painting, causing the painting to fail.
- Memory: When the Hunter is within a certain range, the Painter can remember their appearance by looking at them from the front.
- Drawing: After the memory is completed, click the skill button to draw. In the drawing state, the Painter can move, but no interaction is allowed. Click the skill button again to end the drawing state.
- Place the drawing board: After drawing, click the skill button to place the drawing board in front. When the Hunter walks near the drawing board, he will be forced to go to it.
Aesthetic Resonance = Painters are inspired by their paintings. Each time you set up an easel with a picture, the movement speed increases by 2%. The effect can be stacked 3 times (+ 6% in total).
Emotional Intuition = The Painter focuses on the sensations behind real objects. Therefore, he is not afraid of progress when sitting on a rocket chair. When a Painter is put on a rocket chair for the second time, the progress in sitting on the chair continues from the moment he was last placed.
My Place = When the effect of attraction to the picture disappears from the Hunter, the Hunter shows great interest in its author, and the Painter reveals his location to the Hunter within 2 seconds.
Appearance Decoration[edit | edit source]
|Original||Already Equipped||The original costume. Everything looks so natural.||N/A|
|Worn Clothes||Complete Character Deduction quest 11 Protection to get.||All the clothes are super tattered. Was it only a game they have been through?||N/A|
|Golden Ratio||S13 Essence 1||With the red stone as the medium and himself as the sacrifice, he blends the organic and inorganic materials in a golden ratio and adds a finishing touch for aesthetics-- a miracle was thus born. ([Limited] Costume, only available in S13 Essence 1)||N/A|
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Place your Painting in front of a pallet, and when the effect of the painting dissipates, stun them.
- Keep in mind upon another survivor stunning the hunter in any way will cause the painting will immediately lose effect and fade, but the other stun will not.
- A painting is good for transitioning kiting. When in a chase and you want to transition safely, place a painting, and run away.
- The best final talent for the Painter is broken windows, it helps when transitioning into a different kiting area.
- Since the paintings have a large radius of attraction, Place a Painting on the opposite of a window, and the Hunter will be forced vault the window. This will save you a lot of time.
- Use the paintings to help another survivor struggle free. Even when holding a survivor, the hunter will be drawn to the painting. This could help immensely when a survivor is struggling.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Edgar was created during Netease's 2018 fan-made character competition, along with Postman and Embalmer.
- His release on the test server was September 21, 2020.
- Occasionally translated by fans as "Artist", the official English Identity V Twitter announced him with the title of "Painter".
- His birthday is April 23rd.
- He is 21 years old.
- His personality was to be, As described by his original creator, very nice, and happy when having company around. However, Netease made him the polar opposite. He is very snobbish, arrogant, and rude.
- He likes people or things with artistic beauty and dislikes useless and noisy people or things.
- His voice was envisioned by the creator as being an arrogant, crisp, clear young male voice, with a moderate speaking speed.
- In his original Backstory which was created by the Painters creator, he had apparently started drawing with blood, and was "discontent" with his own blood, and went to the manor to find more people to suck dry. The developers scrapped the idea, as it was deemed very gruesome.