|This article is a stub. You can help Identity V Wiki by .|
Overview[edit | edit source]
Edgar is from a very rich family, The Valden family, and at a young age believed that everyone in this world are just mere peasants. He's always believed that no one is fit to discuss art with him, and he is very arrogant and stubborn.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
"I failed to find someone who could discuss the true meaning of art"
"I only wish that this playground will offer me unprecedented inspiration"
Background[edit | edit source]
The only son in the Valden family of aristocrats, Edgar showed an interest and high talent in painting from childhood. Praise from his family and the public has led to his eccentric character. He only sees art from his own perspective and has a high self-esteem. His perception of the world around him led to his belief that nobody else is worthy to speak to him about art.
He did not participate in the game for the prize. As the heir to the Valden family, money did not tempt him. So what made him participate in this game?
External Traits[edit | edit source]
|Artistic Sensitivity||He carries a Paintbrush and a Drawing Board with him. Once he has memorized a Hunter's face, the Painter can paint the Hunter's face on the Drawing Board.|
When the painting is done, he can place the Drawing Board in the scene.
Within a certain range of a Hunter, the Painter need to look at the Hunter's face from the front to memorize it.
Once he has memorized the Hunter's face, tap the ability button to begin painting. The Painter can move while painting but cannot interact. Tap the ability button again to stop painting.
Placing the drawing
When the Painting is done, tap the ability button to place the Drawing Board.
|Aesthetic Resonance||During the creation of the Painting, the Painter will be effected by his own work. Every time he places a Painting, his Movement Speed will increase permanently by 2%. This effect be stacked up to 2 times.|
|Intuition||The Painter is perceptive and observant to real-life objects and so he will not be affected by a Rocket Chair with 50% progress.|
When he is put on a Rocket Chair for the second time, the progress will return to what it was the last time he was saved.
|Self Fulfillment||When the Painting's effect wears off, the Hunter will be extremely interested in its painter. The Painter will expose his location to the Hunter for 5 seconds.|
Appearance Decoration[edit | edit source]
|Original||Already Equipped||The original costume. Everything looks so natural.||N/A|
|Worn Clothes||Complete Character Deduction quest 11 Protection to get.||All the clothes are super tattered. Was it only a game they have been through?||N/A|
|Golden Ratio||S13 Essence 1||With the red stone as the medium and himself as the sacrifice, he blends the organic and inorganic materials in a golden ratio and adds a finishing touch for aesthetics-- a miracle was thus born. ([Limited] Costume, only available in S13 Essence 1)||N/A|
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Place your Painting in front of a pallet, and when the effect of the painting dissipates, stun them.
- Keep in mind upon another survivor stunning the hunter in any way will cause the painting will immediately lose effect and fade, but the other stun will not.
- A painting is good for transitioning kiting. When in a chase and you want to transition safely, place a painting, and run away.
- The best final talent for the Painter is broken windows, it helps when transitioning into a different kiting area.
- Since the paintings have a large radius of attraction, Place a Painting on the opposite of a window, and the Hunter will be forced vault the window. This will save you a lot of time.
- Use the paintings to help another survivor struggle free. Even when holding a survivor, the hunter will be drawn to the painting. This could help immensely when a survivor is struggling.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Edgar was created during Netease's 2018 fan-made character competition, along with Postman and Embalmer.
- His release on the test server was September 21, 2020.
- Occasionally translated by fans as "Artist", the official English Identity V Twitter announced him with the title of "Painter".
- His birthday is April 23rd.
- He is 21 years old.
- His personality was to be, As described by his original creator, very nice, and happy when having company around. However, Netease made him the polar opposite. He is very snobbish, arrogant, and rude.
- He likes people or things with artistic beauty and dislikes useless and noisy people or things.
- His voice was envisioned by the creator as being an arrogant, crisp, clear young male voice, with a moderate speaking speed.
- In his original Backstory which was created by the Painters creator, he had apparently started drawing with blood, and was "discontent" with his own blood, and went to the manor to find more people to suck dry. The developers scrapped the idea, as it was deemed very gruesome.