Calibrations, also known as Skill Checks, are a game mechanic of Quick Time Events (QTE) in Identity V , that have a chance of appearing while performing various interactions.
Overview[edit | edit source]
A calibration has a chance of appearing during an interaction with Props. To succeed, the player needs to tap the screen when the pointer of the Calibration is inside the highlighted area. The pointer moves along a curve.
A calibration announces itself shortly before appearing via a sound.
There are currently three types of calibrations:
Complete Calibration[edit | edit source]
Succeed a calibration in the white section.
- Grants 30 points in Tranquility.
Perfect Calibration[edit | edit source]
Succeed a calibration in the yellow section.
- Reduces time needed to complete the calibration by a small amount.
- Grants 60 points in Tranquility.
Failed Calibration[edit | edit source]
Failing to succeed a calibration in any of the aforementioned sections.
- The action will lose some progression and come to a halt, momentarily pausing any further progress. It will also give the Hunter a noise indicator.
- This can also be used strategically to attract the Hunter's attention.
- If you failed a calibration on a Cipher Machine while using Self Deception, there's a chance that the the Machine will not explode if the Talent is at mastery 1 or two, but at tier 3 the Hunter will not receive a noise indicator at all.