The following is a Beginner's Guide to getting started with Identity V .
Objective[edit | edit source]
In normal mode, as a Survivor your goal is to evade the hunter and escape the map! To do so, you must complete decoding 5 cipher machines and open at least one of the 2 exit gates. This will require cooperation with your teammates and strategic use of their special talents. If several teammates are down, make sure at least 2 cipher machines are decoded to reveal the exit dungeon, which appears somewhere on the map and opens automatically when there is only one survivor left in the area.
In normal mode, as a Hunter your goal is to prevent the Survivors' escape! To win, you must send more than 2 Survivors back to the manor before they escape. This can be done by incapacitating the Survivor, using your special talents and placing them on a rocket chair.
Game ends when the Final Survivor is strapped onto chair, or the Final Survivor escapes.
Win[edit | edit source]
For the Survivors, 2 or more survivors have (Escaped).
For the Hunter, kill more than 2 survivors (Flawless).
Tie[edit | edit source]
For both sides, when any 2 Survivors have either Escaped or Eliminated.
Loss[edit | edit source]
For the Survivors, less than 2 escape the area.
For the Hunter, kill less than 2 survivors.
Actions[edit | edit source]
Movement speed is changed by tapping icons on the right-hand side of your screen. The first icon is to sprint, which is the fastest speed, but leaves a trail the hunter can see. The second icon is to walk, which doesn't leave a trail. The last icon is to crouch, which doesn't leave a trail either, makes it easier to hide behind objects, but has the slowest movement speed.
Survivor Gameplay[edit | edit source]
Cipher Machines[edit | edit source]
Survivors have to decode all Cipher Machines, which can be located by looking upwards for the yellow glowing antennas, but is outlined in blue for Hunters. The top of the cipher starts to wiggle when the cipher reaches 30% decoding progress and the hunter can see the antennae of the cipher wiggling.
While decoding Cipher Machines, Calibrations are occasionally triggered. When this happens an icon will pop up that has to be tapped at the right time to continue decoding. Tapping the screen while the needle is at the grey area will earn the player 30 tranquility points for a completed calibration. Tapping the screen while the needle is in the yellow area will earn the player 60 tranquility points for a perfect calibration. Fail the Calibration and the Cipher Machine will backfire, alerting the Hunter of your location and reducing the decoding progress by a bit.
Decoding two cipher machine will reveal the dungeon's location, which is invisible at the start of the game. Decoding all required Cipher Machines will activate both Electrical Switches for the Exit Gates, which will be highlighted for a short period of time. Entering the Password into either Switch allows the Exit Gate to be opened so Survivors can escape. The Final Survivor will attract crows easier, which gives away their location to the Hunter.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
Survivors have fear levels that can be noted by purple Heartbeats or intense soundtrack. The visible and obvious Heartbeat indicates that the Hunter is nearby.
Incapacitated survivors are denoted with a red outline and can be healed by tapping the wrapped hand icon above them.
Survivors can untie other survivors from Rocket Chairs.
Survivors can remove the Dream Witch's curse mark from other Survivors.
Survivors can remove the Feaster's tentacles from the ground.
Survivors can break the Axe Boy's Peaceful Pines.
Survivors can use Mad Eyes' control monitor and form walls after decoding them.
Survivors can break Rocket Chairs with the Toolkit.
Survivors can dismatle Hell Ember's puppets.
Survivors can remove Hunter's peepers.
Windowsills can be jumped over by any characters, though Hunters have slower movements.
Survivors can throw down Pallets to stun Hunters (if the Hunter is below the pallet while the survivor throws it down) and block the Hunter (the Hunter cannot pass through thrown pallets and must break them to pass through which wastes time), and can be climbed over similar to Windowsills.
Survivors can use items from chests that can be located with a turquoise outline.
Survivors can hide in Lockers to fool the Hunter.
Survivors can create windows on breakable walls. These walls get a blue inner glow when you are near them.
Hunter Gameplay[edit | edit source]
Hunters have the objective of capturing Survivors by striking them twice and placing them on a rocket chair. However, it takes a few seconds for Hunters to recover from hitting the Survivors. Hunters, however can track Traces that Survivors leave behind when sprinting. Fallen Survivors can be captured and strapped to Rocket Chairs when found.
Survivors that are caught have to be rescued by their team members. Otherwise, they'll be eliminated and sent back to the manor. But when a Survivor has been strapped more than 3 times, he/she will be eliminated automatically.
Tips[edit | edit source]
Survivors survivors have to be prepared before and after starting a game. Before starting the game:
- Know the skills and weaknesses of the hunter and the survivors especially your character
- Know the talent tree of survivors and hunters, and choose the right talents for you.
- Know the map, you should know where the hatches, exit doors, encryption machines are among others
- Balanced team, each survivor is specialized in something there are four categories Decoders, rescuer, escapist and assistance, it is important that there is in the team 1 survivor of each category.
After starting the game:
- Inform. You must inform your colleagues about important things like "The hunter is close hide" "The hunter is near me" "The dungeon is here" "cipher machine primered" among others.
- Decode. You should not waste time on other things, your main objective is to decode, if you almost finish the machine, and a hunter chases you, use the word "Cipher Machine Primered" so that other companions can finish it while you escape, you can also use the same word When it is the last machine for your teammates to save time and approach the exit door, another important thing is not to decode together.
- Escape. It is important to contain the hunter as long as possible, without knocking you down so that others decode as soon as possible, you can help yourself with windows and tables, also try to stay away from other companions who are decoding so as not to interrupt.
- Help. This includes rescuing from the hunter's arms, rescuing from the rocket chair, healing and helping your partner not fall down. Be careful with the country hunters, because you will only get them to take you down too or kill your partner faster than you planned to rescue, also be careful when using a weapon, the power of the enchantress or the forward, because the hunter can release his Victim before being hit and you will not be able to rescue him, also try to heal your partner away from the sight of the hunter.
- Open the door. This is the final and most difficult step because 90% of the Hunters have the talent called "Detention" that knocks you down with a single blow added to that will be taking care of both doors and using "teleport" so it is recommended to hide until there is used teleport, so you will know which door is safe or wait until you have to check and go to the other.