Overview[edit | edit source]
The Basement is a location that spawns consistently in one of two areas of each Map.
Contents and Layout[edit | edit source]
The Basement contains:
- One Chest at the far yes
- Four lockers, two facing the entrance and two faced away from the aforementioned set.
- Two small pockets on either side of the end of the room
- A staircase leading into it
- A unique set of four indestructible Rocket Chairs
Spawn Locations[edit | edit source]
- Inside the hospital, to the left
- In the hut ruins to the bottom right corner of the map
Use the moon to locate the front of the map
- In the hut on the bottom left of the map
- In the old arms factory, by the entrance
- Inside the church, to the bottom left
- In the chalet behind the church
- In the abandoned ship, underneath the stairs to the right of the dock entrance
- In a small cabin near the cornfield
- In the circus tent, on the right side
- In the funhouse, in the right hallway
- In the killer shack
- In the arms factory, by the entrance
- In the dining room, near the back
- In the piano room, on the left
Tips[edit | edit source]
- When playing as a Survivor, a basement save is much riskier than a normal save granted it is difficult to escape and to enter. There are various ways to counter this, for example:
- Playing Priestess and creating a portal.
- Sneaking in, baiting a hit, and then taking one after the rescue.
- Bringing Tide Turner or other Talents that assist in rescues.
- Using an item to stun the Hunter before getting the save.
- Being wary of Hunter abilities.
- Bringing multiple people for either a distraction or to take hits.
- Whilst playing Survivor, be wary of the basement's location and try not to get downed near it. If you're kiting the hunter in its proximity, remain cautious and know when to move on.
- It's especially important to note the basement's location when you're trying to dismantle chairs. Keep your teammates away from it at all costs, or actively inform them using Quick Messages or external means.
- When playing Hunter, it may be wise to carry Survivors past available Rocket Chairs to put them in the Basement.
- Take note of what particular characters the Survivors chose to try and predict what play they are going to make.
- As hunter, if you hit a survivor while falling down from a height, including the basement stairs, the stagger will override the hit recovery, allowing you to hit a survivor and quickly recover.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Previously, the basement would've contained blood leading down the stairs. It would also have arms reaching through the metal grates on the floor, and eyeless survivors with Lucky Guy's likeness trapped in its cages.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
|Chests||Exit Gates||Cipher Machines||Dungeon||Basement|